Wednesday, December 24, 2008

When Kim was in the hospital...

 We used to do several things to benchmark her lucidity... Most of them would only make sense to a few people... I would do things like ask Kim, "What's the Punxatawny Phil Movie" (Groundhogs Day, with Bill Murry) or "What is the HappyFace'd CD I like" (Songs from an American Movie, Vol1. by Everclear. There was a 2nd CD with a Sad face on it I believe).

Now Kim was a MOVIE GEEK extreme... She had seen all the classics. Most the B-Rated movies, and just was a fountain of knowledge for Hollywood and general movie industry trivia.... And over time, she learned how to associate things like songs with the way things looked, or how you felt the last time you heard them... Because my mind is just weird like that.

N-E-Ways, based on if she could answer these questions at all, or how long it took her to, we were able to gauge her lucidity... The doctors used to ask her questions like "Who is that" and point to me or Bill... She NEVER got those questions wrong... Sometimes, she managed to call bill Pickles or Sir P. which confused the doctors... Or call me Kirstyn when I certainly didn't look like a Kirstyn... But hey... She always knew whom we were... And she always remembered Wendy whom was unable to be around due to her own illness... But it was funny... She could think she was in a military base, or being attacked by aliens... And she would always know Bill, Me and Wendy... 

-Sighs-

I miss her More and More lately.

-HuGgLeS-

-P/KAF/PT/The girl in the corner with the sad anime eyes....



No comments: